Sunday, January 22, 2006

Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to the Gittle's Musings Weblog. My name is Eric Gittleman, and I will be your guide to my head.

I am a 23-year-old male born and raised in Newton, Massachusetts, USA; I currently reside in Watertown, Massachusetts, USA. I am enrolled in the Master of Science in Political Science/Master of Public Administration joint degree program at Suffolk University in Boston, Mass.; I hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science with minors in communication and Spanish from Purdue University in West Lafayette, Ind. I attended Newton North High School in Newton, Mass., graduating in 2001. My first love is sports, specifically the Boston sports teams. At the intercollegiate level, I support my alma mater as well as my father's, Boston University. Also, I am a supporter of Arsenal Football Club in north London, and Sevilla FĂștbol Club, which plays in the capital of the Spanish autonomous region of AndalucĂ­a.

I spent four and a half months in Sevilla from January 2005 through May 2005. It was the best time of my life. When the time came to come home, I did not want to leave, although I know that it was necessary. Therefore, I am trying to find my way back to the Continent; I would return to Iberia in a heartbeat. This desire is definitely influencing my career choices.

I have opinions, and quite often, there is no way to sugarcoat them. One of my idols is the late, great, Howard Cosell, who would "tell it like it is." I aim to do that on practically anything that comes to my mind, which covers practically everything.

As I hold a degree in political science, I am looking to get involved in the political arena. I often joke around that I am striving to be a "kickback and favour artist." Sure, it would be nice to get some of those, but those are only perquisites of the job. Public service is truly a noble calling, as it is the one true way of effecting change in society. There are a number of issues with our current society; while many people agree with that assessment, all they do is complain about it. Unfortunately, complaining is not going to change anything. It is important for the people to be able to influence public policy, and I hope to be able to do that.

If there is anything else that you would like to know, or if you would like to meet with me and chat, then please do not hesitate to leave a comment or drop a line at egittle@gmail.com.

That is all for now; I look forward to using this space for our collective benefits.

(Note: I edited this page October 27, 2006, updating information about me. I intend for this page to be biographical information that anyone can access.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home